Harley-Davidson Collections Representative I in Plano, Texas
We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can’t do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc., offers a wide range of financial products and services to motorcycle enthusiasts and Harley-Davidson dealerships. Products available to consumers include financing on motorcycles, MotorClothes™, and parts and accessories; cycle insurance; and extended service plans for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles.
We need people who wake up every day with a passion for customers and who come to work with the creativity and drive to make amazing things happen. This isn’t just any company. And yours isn’t just any career. It’s part of your story. Write it with us and make it legendary.
Located just outside of the heart of DFW, and in one of the fastest growing suburbs, the Plano, Texas office serves as one of the Company's two operations centers. It serves as the main hub for HDFS’ Commercial Finance business, and also houses employees representing Rider Services, Underwriting, Risk, Enterprise Project Management, Accounting, Compliance, Human Resources, Global Information Services, Communications, and Legal. Join our team as a Collections Representative I.
Under direct supervision the Collections Representative is responsible for collection delinquent accounts by phone or correspondence. Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting. The Collections Representative answers basic inquiries or resolve problems by following routine procedures and processes.
- Responsible for collecting on assigned delinquent accounts by telephone, or correspondence if necessary.
- Assigns accounts to agencies for repossession, skip-tracing, or in-person collection activity when approved by appropriate authority level.
- Assigned the authority to process and/or assign accounts to Adjustment Queue for payment re-allocations and fee/balance waivers when applicable.
- Understands and adheres to company collection and extension policies, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and company confidentiality and privacy issues.
- Uses effective time management to ensure customer service experience is satisfactory and meets expectations.
- Ensures that all steps necessary are taken to protect the interest of the company.
- Protection of information and compliance with the law are paramount. Protecting employee, customer and corporate information is everyone's responsibility at Eaglemark Savings Bank. All employees must follow established safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, and access to information based solely on business need. Further, it is the responsibility of all employees to maintain awareness and understanding of relevant laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply with all of them.
Degree Not Required
- High School Diploma Preferred
- Typically requires less than 1 year of related experience.
- Possesses good communication skills
- Keyboarding/data entry skills with moderate speed and accuracy
- Ability to handle large volume of collection accounts and inbound customer calls
- Ability to prioritize workflow to meet department objectives
- Proficient with computers systems
- Good problem solving skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Previous collection experience or customer service experience preferred
At Harley-Davidson it is not just about the degree you have or what you know. You must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time employees including, but not limited to, bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Auto req ID: 1336
Title: Collections Representative I
Job Function: Collections
Company: Harley-Davidson Financial Services
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Bank, Collections, Customer Service Representative, Compliance, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Customer Service, Legal