Rose International INC Data Engineer in Plano, Texas
Position Title: Data Engineer
Position Number: 297912
Location: Plano, TX
Desired Skill Set:
Hadoop, Java, Scala, Spark, Spring Framework, AWS, Shell Scripting
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Location: Plano, TX 75023
Duration: 18 months
Max pay rate: $55/hour
W2 Candidates only
Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software systems.
• Work with business teams and data analysts to understand business requirements.
• Design and Development of ETL solutions to support efficient data analytic models: Create Derived and Business ready Datasets, Extracts and system integration with third party vendors.
• Production Implement and production support of Big Data solutions. Investigate and troubleshoot production issues and provide fixes.
• Take ownership of tasks and proactively identify and communicate any potential issues/risks and impacts.
• Analyze, design and support various change requests/fast-track requirements, also understand and adopt rapid changing business requirements.
• Participate in estimations and reviews for upcoming projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent.
• 5-7+ years total experience in development mainly around Java and all related technologies in the Java stack (e.g. Spring)
• 3+ years in-depth knowledge & experience in Hadoop around all the Hadoop ecosystem tools like M/R, Hive, Pig.
• Expertise in running Spark 2.x applications developed in Scala or Python.
• Experience of working on AWS environment- S3, EC2, Lambda, EMR, API Gateway, Dynamo DB, Redshift etc.
• Strong experience in Shell scripting and SQL based Data Analytical skills.
• Hadoop/Spark/Java certifications is an advantage
• Experience with Streaming on Kafka, Kinesis with Spark Streaming or Storm is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication – to communicate with Development and Project Management Leadership
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)