Capital One Principal Associate, Project Management in Plano, Texas
Plano 6 (31066), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate, Project Management
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Principal Project Manager, you will:
• Plan, design, manage and execute project plans to ensure delivery. This activity includes management of scope definition, requirement expectations, planning, communications and implementation
• Drive projects based on defined priorities; ensure scope of deliverables, timelines and budget are met; identify risks and issues and mitigate and/or escalate as needed
• Leverage problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project results deliver on intent
• Partner cross-functionally with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
• Build relationships and work closely with project and business partners at all levels across Capital One, including: Technology, Operations, Risk and others to deliver a well-managed project.
• Work well in a team oriented environment and analyze decisions with a broad perspective
• Identify ways to improve and streamline business processes
• Apply sound judgment and innovative thinking when working with customers to solve problems, while recognizing trade-offs between competing priorities that affect delivery
• Continually grow knowledge, skills and practice of evolving and new methods of getting work done, championing it to the organization
The ideal candidate will:
• Exhibit a proven track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage the work in a dynamic complex environment
• Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills, essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
• Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands
• Display strong consulting and collaboration skills
• Demonstrate ability to manage both technology and non-technology projects
• Have demonstrated experience in various project management / problem solving methodologies (waterfall, agile, design thinking, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
• At least 3 years of experience in project management
• Master’s Degree
• At least 5 years of project management experience
• At least 1 year of Financial services or banking industry experience
• At least 1 year of experience in Technology delivery
• At least 1 year of experience working with AWS
• Scrum master, Agile, Lean or Six Sigma certification
• PMP Project Management certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.