Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Quality Inspector in Plano, Texas
Full Time / Part-Time
QUALITY INSPECTOR (BAM-20-1584-W):
Bowhead seeks a Quality Inspector to join our Manufacturing & Products Group in Plano, TX. The Quality Inspector will be responsible for ensuring that all products received and manufactured meet the quality standards of Bowhead’s Quality Management System. The Quality Inspector will also support the management of all quality-related issues within the manufacturing team.
Essential functions will include:
• Performing Receiving Inspection per QMS documentation
• Performing assembly and test final inspection
• Process and First Article Inspections (AS9102 and PPAP)
• Ensuring that all measurement equipment is registered calibrated and maintained
• Ensuring that all quality and in process checks are conducted as planned
• Ensuring and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
• Performing regular quality checks of components using manual, electronic measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, surface plate, etc.)
• Maintaining QMS documentation and records
• Other duties as assigned
• A BA/S degree is required in addition to two to five (2 to 5) years of relevant experience; a combination of education and additional experience may be substituted for the highly qualified candidate
• Additionally, at least five to seven (5 to 7) years’ experience as Quality Inspector is desired
• Process inspection experience is preferred and IPC-A-610, IPC/WHMA-A-620 and/or ASQ Quality Inspector certifications are highly desired
• Experience utilizing various software programs to collect/track/reconcile programmatic data relative to milestone decisions; CostPoint is a plus
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts and must possess superior verbal and written communication skills; technical writing skills a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team is required as well as a keen attention to attention to detail, initiative, and eagerness to learn and grow professionally
• Ability to adapt to changing situations, reprioritize and successfully pursue given objectives
• Ability to be a team player with reliability, intellectual curiosity, and drive to succeed
• Ability to perform program support functions on multiple projects concurrently
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: There are currently no Security Clearance requirements for this position. Due to the location of this work, US Citizenship is required. Qualified candidates must be able to obtain a DoD Security clearance at the Secret level and possess a valid driving license and clean driving record. Bowhead reserves the right to change this requirement if necessitated by business needs or contractual obligations.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)