HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Seasonal PRN Neuro PCU in Plano, Texas
At Medical City Plano, we care like family.
Just as a family does, we pull together to care for, support, and celebrate with patients and each other. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
Neuro PCU Registered Nurse – Seasonal PRN Status with a Full-time Schedule Night Shift 7P – 7A
Applying the standards set forth for nursing practice by the American Nurses Association (ANA), theNeuro Progressive Care RNwill organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for Intermediate Care Neuro patients.
• Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care
• Perform necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and unit requirements
• Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
As an RN on our 34-bed Neuro PCU, you will have the opportunity to provide treatment to patients with conditions that affect the brain, spine and nervous system. We are a Level 1 Comprehensive Stroke Center, Primary Stroke Center and a Level 4 Epilepsy Center offering stroke support groups and neurological rehabilitation. Our high acuity, fast paced floor offers you the opportunity to work with a strong group of Nurses that are committed to providing high quality care to our patients in one of the largest Neurology departments in the country.
SEASONAL STAFF PROGRAM [Runs through April 24, 2021]
Must have at least two (2) years acute care RN experience in the area of specialty – PCU/Stepdown
Pay Rate: $57/hour
A completion bonus of$4000to be paid after the successful completion of 18 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one completion bonus will be paid per 36-week season.
• All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
• Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4-week period.
• Two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or Designee) are required during the course of the 16 week period.
• Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
• All seasonal RNs will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
• Current FT, PT and PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2020-2021.
Medical City Planois a full-service, Magnet-designated 600 bed acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees. As part of HCA Healthcare, we have the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Our services include a Level 1 Trauma Center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women's and children's services, including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
What you need to be successful:
• ADN required / BSN preferred
• Texas RN license or compact license is accepted
• Current BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
• Must have at least two (2) years PCU/Stepdown/Intermediate Care RN experience in an acute care hospital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse Seasonal PRN Neuro PCU
Location: Texas-Plano-Medical City Plano
Requisition ID: 00058-131973