Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company Senior SAP GTS / S4 ABAP Developer in Plano, Texas
Senior SAP GTS / S4 ABAP DeveloperPlano, Texas
What you need to know about the job
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
What you need to know about the job
Primary Location:Plano, Texas
Other Locations:Roseville, California, United States of America; Houston, Texas, United States of America; Austin, Texas, United States of America
Job Category:Information Technology
Shift:No shift premium (United States of America)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE Global IT is a dynamic organization enabling the enterprise to innovate and lead the industry with our consumption-based IT transformation and our consulting, financial, educational, and operational services. Join us and revolutionize how we help customers simplify their operations and move the world forward.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Senior SAP GTS / S4 ABAP Developer to join us! In this amazing role, you will be responsible for thelead development of technical solutions meeting regulatory compliance requirement by collaboration with various IT and business partners. In thisSenior Developer role the candidate will apply superior technical knowledge of ABAP and related technical tools and techniques on various SAP applications such as SAP GTS, ERP/ECC, and S4.If you have a track record in and a passion for SAP GTS, want to be part of a business that is growing—with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.
How you’ll make your mark:
• You will provide technical leadership to teams and integrates technical expertise and business understanding to develop superior solutions for the company and customers.
• You will understand business requirements, design a feasible technical solution that addresses the current business need but does not impact the ability to upgrade in the future, within the project timelines.
• You will gather application specific project requirements, participate in pre-project launch discussions with architects and drive detailed application design in SAP applications by leveraging SAP standard solutions wherever possible.
• You will collaborate with Solution Architects on project design and facilitate design reviews and discussions and provide required specifications.
• You will be responsible for code reviews and implementing best practices on development methodologies with both internal and external developers.
• You will drive superior quality in technical deliverables, reduce or eliminate design or development defects and ensure a comprehensive System Integration Testing.
• You will drive tactical problem solving. Demonstrates broad technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction; exerts influence outside of immediate team and drives change. Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to various technology areas or functions. Performs solution design.
• You will provide technical leadership in Major Production Incidents that impact business operations significantly by leading and guiding system experts from Multiple Systems Integrators to restore business continuity and drive root cause resolution.
• You will consult with team members and other organizations, customer and vendors on complex issues. Mentors others in the team on process/technical issues.
• You have aBachelors degree in IT / Engineering or related discipline with over 10 years of experience implementing SAP solutions in a senior technical role.
• You have strong experience in SAP technical areas using ABAP in one or more core SAP modules from Master Data, Order Management, Procurement, Supply Chain to Finance, specializing in integrating with SAP GTS.
• You have minimum 3-5 full life cycle global implementations(Prior experience defining/implementing worldwide solutions across multiple legal entities in a highly complex systems and project environment) including hands-on design and development.
• You have experience and deep technical knowledge of SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS) is required; Knowledge of SAP GTS data model, tables, enhancement methods & configuration is an added advantage.
• You have experience with implementing solutions usingDynpro, Reports, Enhancements, Object Oriented programming, BADI, User-exits, Smart Forms, SAP Script, ALE/EDI IDOCs, SOAP/REST Web Services,WebDynproApplications, Fiori, Optimized Database programming etc., is mandatory
• You have significant experience with troubleshooting and debugging complex integrated applications, deep knowledge in data model of various SAP applications and table structure is essential.
• You have knowledge of basic system administration tasks such as database analysis, tracing issues, identifying performance bottlenecks is required.
• You have strong business process knowledge and association of processes to technical areas in SAP is desired.
• You have experience with SAP implementation methodologies and modern software development methodologies
• You have advanced understanding of software test methodologies, and experience with testing automation tools is a plus
• You have exposure to several SAP modules and ability to create test data inSales & Distribution, Materials Management, Project Systems, Service Management and FI/CO modulesare of great value.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status