Airgas Usa LLC District Manager - Port Arthur, TX. in Port Arthur, Texas
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
- Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations. *
Airgas offers a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, short and long term disability. Learn more at: *https://www.airgas.com/careers/employee-benefits*
*The District Manager has responsibility to lead, direct, and motivate all Branch, Administrative, Operating, and Sales associates within the district to achieve the highest safety standards, top line growth, EBITDA performance and operational excellence. In addition to an extensive experience in sales and operational knowledge, this dynamic individual leads a high performing team through influential leadership and dedication to development of their talent. The District Manager is responsible to execute on plans and strategies designed to meet and exceed customer needs. This role will support the Port Arthur, Texas area which includes the Sulphur, Louisiana area. Familiarity with the petrochemical industry is desirable as well as knowledge of welding and its processes. *
- Responsible for ensuring a culture of a safe environment at all Airgas facilities and that all branch personnel are "walking the talk" with regard to safety.
- Manage the sales force for organic top line growth.
- Ensure the sales force is trained and prepared to actively pursue and acquire, on an on-going basis, new and competitive accounts with emphasis on gas business and new product supply agreements. Increase sales and total gross profit.
- May have direct responsibility for key customer accounts.
- Ensure all customers within area receive quality customer service from company associates, penetrating existing customer base with all product lines and product normally inventoried by region.
- Coach and develop branch associates and field sales associates and ensure that they are adequately trained and focus on the details of our customers’ needs and requirements.
- Maintain the stocks of gases and hard goods at all locations to ensure high fulfillment.
- Assist branches with marketing initiatives, showroom displays and retail sales efforts.
- Manage branch assets to ensure Airgas will be the fastest to market.
- Responsible for execution of company strategy activities and initiatives in the branches and throughout the District.
- Review and understand the Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Relations, Safety, and SAP Reference Manuals. Focus on increased accuracy and SAP proficiency.
- Optimize profit margins through execution of plans and strategies communicated from Regional and Area. Maintain operation expenses in line with Gross Profit goals, customer service, and growth plans.
- Execute on plans to realize the strategic pricing targets.
- Validates that all customer accounts are aligned with proper sales channels and platforms.
- Attain effective collaboration, teamwork, and communication throughout the District, Area, Region and applicable sales supporting teams.
As this role evolves, additional duties may be assigned.
Four-year college degree from an accredited institution in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales Management, Engineering, or related field preferred.
Three to five years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment, a Branch or Plant leadership role, or comparable experience within the distribution industry.
Familiarity and experience within the petrochemical industry is desirable as well as knowledge of welding and its processes.
- Strong computer skills including Google and Microsoft Office platforms, working knowledge of SAP and the ability to adapt quickly to new technology platforms.
- Effective verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- In addition to being able to lead high performing teams, must possess strong collaboration skills the ability to influence, be a champion of change and conflict resolution.
- Must be able to effectively impact positive employee relations.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work independently.
Comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds within Airgas and outside the organization while positively representing the company brand.
For the District Manager role, daily travel within assigned area with minimum amount of overnight travel is required. This is a field position, as such the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment varies based upon the location (office, branch, customer visits, and plants).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. To view the EEO is the Law poster, click here. Airgas, an Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement. This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon request by contacting Human Resources at 855-269-5732.
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies, does not discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact email@example.com
Title: District Manager - Port Arthur, TX.
Location: Texas-Port Arthur-77642
Requisition ID: 32807