Aerotek Purchaser/Buyer in Richardson, Texas
Summary: The Buyer is responsible for purchasing activities essential to manufacturing operations by planning and optimizing the value of cost, quality and delivery performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews, executes, and enters purchase orders for the items assigned to MRP requirements.
• Enters and manages company wide Purchase Requisitions
• Obtains and analyzes competitive quotes and negotiates favorable pricing and terms for products tooling and services.
• Manages new and established supplier relationships and activities at a daily, tactical level.
• Expedites delivery of goods on routine shortages and communicates outcomes to production. Recognizes critical shortages and communicates them immediately to management. Works to find and present solutions.
• Requests Return Materials Authorizations (RMA) on rejected materials and processes paperwork in a timely manner. Identifies consistent quality problems and requests corrective actions, copying Production, Quality Control and necessary management.
• Communicates late deliveries and backorders to suppliers utilizing the Delinquency Report.
• Researches invoice discrepancies and works with suppliers to resolve disagreements.
• Updates all Purchase Order changes in a timely manner.
• Communicates on a timely basis with all internal customers and management.
• Implements internal changes required by released ECNs (Engineering Change Notices). Communicates revision changes to suppliers and manages any transitions or EOL activities.
• Follows up consistently on supplier commitments with regards to late, return, and critical deliveries, corrective actions, sample requests and receiving and invoice discrepancies.
• Executes cost savings initiatives and projects in a timely manner.
• Effectively multi-tasks several projects and follows up on daily duties.
• Works with Engineering to develop alternative sources of supply.
• Identifies cost and process improvement opportunities.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications, attending seminars or webinars and attending local trade shows
• Manages special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Electrical component, procurement experience, Procurement, Purchasing, Erp, Sap, Supply chain, Purchase order, Inventory, Microsoft excel, Mrp, Negotiation, Buyer purchasing, Electronics, Data entry, Planner
Top Skills Details:
Buyer experience with electrical components
Familiarity with MRP/ERP/SAP systems, most of their internal systems are custom.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Buyer role at a manufacturing company
• Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, OneNote and PowerPoint programs
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs