Albertsons Sanitation Supervisor in ROANOKE, Texas
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for a Warehouse Supervisor. This position is located in Roanoke, Texas.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: * Design, monitor, and maintain a safe working environment through compliance of safety programs. * Foster a positive work environment and create a TEAM culture of motivated and happy non-union employees.
Direct and evaluate the workflow of Custodial associates with respect.
- Schedule and assign Sanitation crew and equipment to meet schedules to handle daily volume efficiently.
- Supervise Sanitation in a non-unionized environment.
- Ability to coach, train and lead work teams to achieve performance as it relates to warehouse cleanliness, pest control, deep cleaning, and sorting and segmenting salvage returns from retail.
- Ensure adherence to Company policies, procedures and practices.
- Administrative duties as related to using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, PMC, and written communication.
- Verbal communication and written communication sufficient to coordinate with TEAM, other departments and vendors.
- Supervise minor maintenance functions as needed.
- Involved in and recommend hiring, promotions, disciplinary action terminations, performance appraisals and performance standards.
- Maintain a high level of customer service for warehouse, transportation, and office support.
- Cultivate an engaged and innovative work environment.
- Strive for fast continuous systematic planned improvement.
- Must know how to operate a scrubber, pallet jack and a forklift.
- Cover other areas of the maintenance for vacation relief and as needed.
- Work with Supervisors, Leads and all associates.
- Work a flexible schedule, mostly day shifts and weekend work. Subject to change based on needs of business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: * 4 year college degree in Logistics, Business, or related field preferred. * 3-5 years' experience in Sanitation, 2-4 year's previous leadership experience in warehousing preferred. * Understanding of warehouse regulations regarding quality and safety. * Strong interpersonal, communication, and team building skills. * Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility. * Good analytical and problem solving skills. * Considerable initiative and frequent analysis necessary in daily work. * Excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers. * Proven ability to define performance measures related to the business and hold associates accountable for the same. * Ability to analyze cost performance data to improve operations and reduce costs. * Must possess the following traits: sense of urgency, engaging interpersonal skills, proactive, change agent & strong sense of courage. * Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback. * Able to supervise a medium size group of sanitation employees. * Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, Outlook, PMC, and experience with EXE helpful. * Willingness to work evenings, night shifts, weekends and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled