Robert Half International Accounting Manager/Supervisor in San Antonio, Texas
Description Our client is looking for a temporary Accounting Manager for an immediate start.
This position is primarily responsible for having understanding of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll by performing the following duties personally or though subordinates supervisors and staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for the preparation of financial statements, general ledger reconciliation, with exposure to and understanding of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
• Processes sales taxes in a multi-state environment highly preferred.
• Has the ability to analyze financial data and comprehend relationship to actual operations a prerequisite.
• Works in a constantly challenging and evolving environment demonstrating strong problem solving skills with a temperament to envision solutions and efficiently mobilize resources.
• Communicates effectively providing leadership to department and peers is an essential part of this position.
Directly supervises 2-3 employees in the Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Candidate preferably should possess a BBA in Accounting; equivalent experience will also be considered, with a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in various facets of accounting.
• Must be a results-oriented person that is able to operate under constant deadlines, but that is also intuitive and capable of developing progressive processes, working till the job is complete while always keeping aware of opportunities to improve.
• Experience in a manufacturing organization is helpful.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, detail oriented journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• NetSuite experience required; knowledge of Solution 7 preferred.
• Knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order Processing systems; Payroll systems; Project Management software; and Spreadsheet software Requirements NetSuite, Microsoft Excel, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Multi-state Payroll, Payroll, Payroll - 101 - 500 Employees, Payroll Tax, Monthly Financial Statements, Prepare Financial Statements, General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliations, Financial Reconciliation
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs