HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Data Abstractor - Trauma in San Antonio, Texas
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. Last year alone, over 45% of our net revenue was spent on continuing education opportunities for our colleagues.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages, as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
o Paid Time Off
o Student Loan Repayment
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o Paid Personal Leave
o 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
o Identity Theft Protection discounts
o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
o Adoption Assistance
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a data abstractor, you will be responsible for abstraction of data for complex core measures, complex cardiovascular services and infectious disease data.
What you will do in this role:
- Complete abstraction process for assigned facility(ies), including abstraction of cases into the required system (e.g., COMET, TheraDoc, Digital Innovations, NHSN, etc.).
- Review medical records to abstract information according to the standards of various regulatory and accreditation agencies (e.g., CMS, TJC, NHSN, etc.).
- Submit data timely through the appropriate reporting system.
- Resolve errors resulting in the rejection of records from the data entry system.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be a part of our Data Abstraction team. Join us in our efforts to better our community
- High School education/GED required
- Undergraduate (Associate or Bachelor) degree or successful completion of a certified coding program preferred
- 1 year in Health Information Management; Coding, Nursing, and/or Health Registry abstraction experience preferred.
- Certificate/License: RHIA, RHIT, CSS, LVN or RN preferred
Parallon is anindustry leaderin revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named aWorld’s Most Ethical Companyby Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *HIMS & Health Informatics
Title: Data Abstractor - Trauma
Location: Texas-San Antonio-HSC - Quality Abstracting and Reporting
Requisition ID: 27539-190386