HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director, Emergency Services in San Antonio, Texas
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, and a tuition reimbursement program.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Director of Emergency Services to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here! * * Methodist ER Converseis Methodist Hospital Northeast’s newest extension of 24/7 emergency care. Open 365 days a year, the new freestanding emergency center is equipped to treat a variety of conditions such as:
- Heart attack
- Broken bones
- Serious burns
- Allergic reactions
- Stomach pain
Our team consists of board-certified emergency medicine physicians and emergency-trained nurses and technicians.
The 12,650-square-foot facility will feature 12 all-private treatment rooms and a full range of services such as:
- Radiology, full-service laboratory and telemetry
- Specific on-site diagnostic equipment will include: 64-slice CT scanner, dedicated x-ray suite, ultrasound and telemetry equipment
- Immediate intervention for serious emergencies where treatment time is critical with quick transfer capabilities to any Methodist Healthcare facility
- 24-hour monitoring and testing of patients, such as chest pain cases
- Use of a Picture Archiving Communications System (PACS) to allow staff to electronically transmit any diagnostic image from the Methodist ER Converse to any Methodist credentialed physician’s office, specialist or any Methodist hospital emergency room for seamless follow-up "In response to the exponential growth of our communities, we saw an opportunity to better serve and support our patients needing advanced emergency care in Converse and the surrounding areas,” said Michael Beaver, CEO of Methodist Hospital Northeast. “With the opening of our new Methodist ER Converse, we are now able to provide those patients the Methodist-quality emergency care they deserve right in their backyard.”
TheDirector Emergency ServicesDepartment assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.
Service • Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
People • Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
Quality • Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
Finance • Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
Growth • Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
Community • Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Supports HCA by: • Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree Nursing required
• Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
• 3 years of experience in emergency services required
• 3 years of experience in a leadership role preferred
or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
• Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required
• Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors: • Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred
• Reference HCA LEADS
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director, Emergency Services
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Converse Emergency Center
Requisition ID: 27536-104657