Valero Full Stack Enterprise Developer in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Valero is the best-in-class producer of essential fuels and products that are foundational to modern life. The world requires reliable, affordable and sustainable energy and we see this as an opportunity.
Our 10,000 employees work together as a team to relentlessly pursue excellence; embrace the highest standards of safety and responsible operations; leverage our creativity and technical expertise to solve challenging problems; care about our employees and the communities where we work and live; and recognize integrity is critical to our ongoing success.
As aFull Stack Enterprise Developerin the Information Services division at Valero, you will be responsible for designing and developing innovative software solutions to fuel our business initiatives. You will provide technical leadership, expertise and problem analysis to the architecture, design and development of valuable applications.
Your role will focus on developing solutions using enterprise software platforms and integration services to enable business solutions through close collaboration with end-users and other Information Services team members.
Key Competencies required for this position are:
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
At Valero, we are committed to advancing the future of energy through innovation, ingenuity and unmatched execution.
You can help achieve this goal if you can:
- Participate in transforming business requirements for large scale systems into technical solutions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to deliver efficient solutions.
- Plan complex tasks and execute them with high accountability to meet schedule and quality.
- Demonstrate strong programming skills with a creative, user-focused mindset.
- Be organized and communicate effectively through written and verbal methods.
- Demonstrate passion for continuous improvement.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have:
- A bachelor's (or higher) degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- A minimum 5 years of functional or object oriented programming experience utilizing either SAP ABAP, HANA, Java or C# required.
- A minimum 5 years in relational databases, data modeling and SQL scripting required.
- The ability to design, develop, document, and support solutions utilizing design patterns, reference architectures, and best practices required.
- The aptitude to independently learn new technologies required.
The most competitive candidates will have:
- Experience with SAP technologies like SAP HANA, oData Services using NW Gateway, Business Object Processing Framework (BOPF), and Core Data Services (CDS) preferred.
- Proficiency with enterprise web application design and development utilizing SAP UI5, Fiori and ABAP WebDynpro/FPM technologies with a strong focus on user experience preferred.
- Experience working with any of SAP functional modules preferred.
- Experience with Enterprise Content Management using OpenText preferred.
- Oil and gas industry or related business/IT knowledge preferred.
Need more reasons to work for a company that is both professionally challenging and culturally rewarding?
Take a look at some of our best-in-class benefits:
- Competitive Pay and Annual Bonus Program
- 100% match on 401(K) up to 7%, with immediate vesting
- Company-sponsored Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Daycare Center
- Onsite Employee & Family Wellness Center
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Fitness Center free for employees and spouses with access to Tennis and Basketball Facilities
- Onsite cafeteria open for breakfast and lunch
- Sprawling campus with walking paths and access to biking/hiking on the greenbelt
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Jul 17, 2020, 10:17:44 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 20001A9
- Valero Jobs