USAA Lead Quantitative Actuary/ALM in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Lead Quantitative Actuary with ALM experience at our corporate headquarters in San Antonio, TX.
Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business discipline(s), products and processes.
- Applies expert analytical knowledge to utilize advanced analytics to assess future risk and/or new risks, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- Presents findings to senior level leadership.
- Applies expert knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- Performs model validations and presents results to senior leadership
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
- Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to senior leadership.
- Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results.
- Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- Applies expert knowledge to produce advanced analytical material to lead discussions with cross functional teams and senior leadership to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Demonstrates thought leadership in cross functional team environments.
- Drives and creates cross functional teams in support of initiatives that have significant impact to the enterprise or a core business area.
- Provides direction and mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
- Expertly communicates analytical results, findings and solutions to governance committees and business process owners and influences business analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 or more years of related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 6 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management Or PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and 4 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management
- Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be required.
- Attainment of Society of Actuaries Fellowship or Equivalent (or ASA with 10 years of experience in lieu of FSA designation may be considered)
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM) or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) or CERA (Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst)
- Risk management experience in a complex institution and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking, insurance or financial services
- Life Insurance and Annuity expertise
- Advanced knowledge of actuarial techniques and procedures, data analysis tools, and industry data sources
- Demonstrated success with project management and/or leadership
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications and statistical analysis)
- Experience working with GGY Axis
- Experience documenting processes and/or experience in a control environment such as internal audit or compliance
- Experience managing complex processes to include process engineering or project management experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Lead Quantitative Actuary/ALM TX-San Antonio R0018439