HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nursing Administrator - Pediatric & Women Services in San Antonio, Texas
Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
_We offer you a generous benefits package including:_
Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
We are seeking a Nursing Administrator forMethodist Hospital. The Nursing Administrator provides leadership, consultation, and support for the patient service areas during designated shifts. This position provides administrative continuity to staff, patients, families and visitors while acting as a liaison for the administrator on-call and the Nursing Management team. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Accurately assesses the needs of the Nursing Department and the patients served and facilitates obtaining ancillary services response and/or needed resources in situations affecting the optimal delivery of patient care.
- Participates in and supports the development and actualization of the Department of Nursing's goals. Assists in communicating the philosophy and expectation of the Department of Nursing.
- Serves as a communication liaison between the administrator on-call and nursing management, staff, patients, families, and visitors.
- Provides on-site leadership, direction, and support for the operational management of patient service areas during designated shifts.
- Monitors workload on patient care units and communicates observations to the appropriate shift charge/coordinator, and manager.
- Intervenes and takes appropriate action in situations related to violation of hospital policy or employee injury.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program, Associates in Nursing degree program or Nursing Diploma program.
- Three years clinical RN experience
- Three years supervisory/management experience
- Master degree in nursing or related field
- RN with current license to practice professional nursing in Texas
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team.We are actively interviewingso apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Nursing Administrator - Pediatric & Women Services
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Hospital
Requisition ID: 02531-107422