HSS Inc Part-Time Armed Police Officer - San Antonio Market in San Antonio, Texas
Security- Off Duty Police Officer
The off duty Armed Police Officer (APO) is responsible for the protection of the facility's assets, people and programs. The APO establishes a positive Security image by being highly visible and vigilant to fire, health and safety hazards as well as criminal threats. The APO takes immediate corrective actions and/or deficiencies to minimize the potential for harm. The APO maintains a close working relationship with hospital employees to provide a safe and secure environment.
Armed officer consists or carrying and the use of a self-defensive weapon such as a Taser or handgun.
- Supports the hospital's safety and security management program in an attempt to provide a safe and secure physical environment.
- Assists all hospital patients, visitors and employees with dignity and respect and acknowledges their needs in a timely manner.
- The APO conduct demonstrates compliance with and reporting of suspected violations of relevant laws and regulations, the facility's policies and procedures.
- Provides preventative patrols in the area in and around the Emergency Department.
- Assists hospital staff with the enforcement of Emergency Detention Orders (ED) when appropriate.
- Provides emergency communication between the hospital and the police department during emergency situations.
Healthcare facilities and free standing Emergency Departments.
Reports to the Security Program Manager.
- Must be a police academy graduate
- Must be an employed, sworn and commissioned police officer with a local law enforcement agency
- Documentation of ongoing law enforcement training as required by the Law Enforcement Agency.
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training.
Knowledge in basic security principles.
Skill in presenting oneself as being of high quality character.
Skill in remaining courteous in difficult situations.
Skill in communicating clearly and effectively in English.
Skill in writing clear, concise and comprehensive reports.
Ability to maintain excellent grooming standards.
Ability to remain in good physical condition to respond to daily rigors of the job.
Ability to operate electronic security equipment.
- Only specific department approved firearms, batons and pepper foam may be carried as duty weapons by officers certified to carry the specific weapons.
- Off duty police officers are allowed to carry as duty service firearms only those caliber firearms that have successfully completed the qualification training with through a department approved program. Under no circumstances shall an off duty officer be allowed to carry an unauthorized firearm or other unauthorized weapon.
- Authorized holsters must have a minimum Level II retention capability.
- Only hollow point ammunition will be approved to carry in duty service firearm. Absolutely no reloads, remanufactured, alterations or modifications of any kind to ammunition is permitted.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled