USAA Quantitative Risk Analyst Senior in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Quantitative Risk Analyst Senior - Financial Risk for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements.
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness. Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making. May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures. Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Produce advanced analytical material for discussions with cross-functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline OR advanced degree/designation in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 4+ years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management OR PhD in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and 2+ years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management.
- Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be required.
- 5+ years banking experience (Industry-related analytical experience in interest rate risk/capital/ liquidity management, profitability analysis, product pricing, corporate finance OR other relevant disciplines)
- Working knowledge in financial regulatory requirements and OCC specific rules/guidance (i.e. Investments, IRR, Liquidity, Capital)
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing, challenging, and overseeing models
- Strong working knowledge of statistical tools (Essbase, Hyperion, or SAS)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Quantitative Risk Analyst Senior TX-San Antonio R0019679