Deer Oaks Referral Coordinator in San Antonio, Texas
Maintain complete and up to date nursing home reports.
- Receive Medicare authorization for all new referrals. Check with the nursing home and/or family to determine if the resident has Medicaid or a supplementary insurance and collect that information prior to verification.Assist clinician in copying relevant information from chart on new referrals including doctor’s order, face sheet, medication sheet, social history, psychiatrist’s notes, previous psychological services, and any other relevant information.
- When family consent is not obtained by the clinician, contact family, obtain a verbal consent, and ensure a written consent is obtained either by a meeting or by mailing the consent to family. In addition, obtain relevant information from the family member about the patient.
- When completed consent is received, ensure it is placed in the patient’s chart in the nursing home and in the office.
- Complete weekly testing tracking logs for each clinician.
- Maintain files for every clinician including leave requests and schedule.
- Serve as a resource to nursing home staff to call with questions about new referrals.
- Maintain Deer Oaks book in each nursing home, which includes up-to-date rosters and referral forms, communication log, etc.
- Maintain current information on nursing homes including phone number, names of specific staff such as social worker, DON, assistant DON, administrator, etc.
- Be present at monthly staff meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Assist with marketing efforts by working closely with the regional manager and marketing/business development coordinator in San Antonio. This would include calling prospective homes, delivering marketing packets, leading or assisting with marketing presentations, and assisting in any follow-up necessary.
- Check phone messages immediately upon arriving at the office.
- Check E-mail first thing in the morning
- Maintain patient files in the office
- Print DSL’s (schedule) for all outpatient clinicians a day before services. Make sure you also pull the charts.
- Verify Medicaid eligibility on a MONTHLY BASIS.
- Answer all phone calls. If you are not sure about the information the client/patient is requesting take a complete name and number and return the phone call.
- Return all calls within 24 hours.
- Verify Medicare Eligibility immediately. You should also always verify for Medicaid eligibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+years experience in healthcare field
- Knowledgeable of insurance verification processes
- Strong organization skills
- Possess the ability to multi-task and work independently
Job ID: 2018-2271