Leidos Senior Software Engineer in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is anticipating an opening for a Senior Software Engineer in San Antonio, TX.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for design and development efforts for software extensions, defect corrections/ removal, and integration of features for existing product lines and legacy systems. Responsible for performing the software systems development function, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products.
· Responsible for application development and support efforts, and contributing towards a nimble and responsive application development organization.
Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies.
Supports software development of Enterprise-level, n-tier application working with multiple back-end systems.
Provide analytical expertise for new requests, and for production issues/defects reported in our existing systems (e.g. trending and root causal analysis).
· Duties include software requirements analysis, development of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms. Determines hardware compatibility. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
· Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables. Manages entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
· Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines while communicating with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
· Strong leadership and organization skills.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, interpersonal and team participation.
Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies.
Demonstrated ability to systematically gather relevant information from different sources to address an issue and make a prompt and insightful decision.
Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution.
US Citizenship required-Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation.
Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.