Texas State University Facilities Maintenance Worker I in San Marcos, Texas
Posting/Functional TitleFacilities Maintenance Worker I
University Pay Plan TitleFacilities Maintenance Worker I
DepartmentDept of Housing and Residential Life
Recruitment TypeOpen to All
Monthly Salary$2,190 - $2,355
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
• Basic facility maintenance skills or experience with carpentry, plumbing, or electrical.
• Ability to read and understand diagrams, simple blue prints and instructions
• Ability to write and complete work orders, request material/parts, make reports
• Basic computer skills
• Experience in apartment, residence hall or hotel maintenance
• Experience working in a higher education environment
• Experience with MS office
Perform skilled and semi-skilled (carpentry, electrical and plumbing) maintenance and repair work on university housing facilities. Perform daily inspections of assigned facilities. Drive to and from assigned facilities and/or warehouse to pick up parts for repair work. Be available for on-call duty after hours, weekends and holidays for four weeks each year. Be able to climb ladders and work at heights. Be able to push and lift up to 50 pounds without assistance; pull or drag equipment weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance and work in awkward positions. Utilize a computer to process assigned Work Order Tickets. Participate as a member of the Department of Housing and Residential Life Facilities Maintenance team in providing noteworthy customer service to students, staff and guests.
• Perform basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs.
• Repair, replace, and maintain existing fixtures, equipment and systems
• Coordinate workloads and projects with others
• Identify necessary parts and maintain building inventory
• Inspect building(s) and perform preventative maintenance
• Fabricate parts or components
• Install new appliances or equipment
• Prepare work reports
• Perform basic HVAC inspections and filter change
• Provide updates to residence hall directors and students regarding repairs and issues
• Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Information to Applicants
Job Open Date06/10/2021
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)06/24/2021
Open Until FilledNo
Normal Work DaysMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End5:00PM
Posting NoticesApplicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.