Sabre Contributor Software QA Engineering in Southlake, Texas
Req ID: 52376
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Sabre Hospitality Solutions is a division of Sabre dedicated to serving hotel customers, providing them with multiple booking platforms, call center services, property management systems, central reservation systems, and connectivity solutions to hundreds of global internet booking channels.
Sabre Hospitality is looking for an experienced and talented Software QA Engineer to join the “SynXis Property Manager" PMS team in Dallas, Texas.
Contributor Software QA Engineer
• Design test plans, scenarios, scripts and procedures based on business requirements
• Perform functional and regression testing of application and interfaces, to ensure that developed products meet design specifications and adhere to product quality standards
• Understand the business requirements, develop and automate test cases using (UFT / QTP) automation tool
• Design, build and maintain reliable automation scripts for complex applications spanning desktop, web, backend, platform, API gateways and many more.
• Make testing processes effective and efficient to deliver high quality software faster
• Continuously improve test case coverage by covering (E2E, Regression, Negative and Exploratory Test cases) for all features.
• Create accurate and detailed defect reports when issues are identified.
• Work with internal and external customers to understand business processes, troubleshoot issues, analyze and write detailed defects, and provide solutions.
• Demonstrate the ability to understand and document internal and external processes and workflows where needed.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
• Hands on experience with Test Management and Defect Management tools including HP QC
• Strong knowledge of programing language (C#, Java) and scripting language (VB script, JScript)
• Familiarity with test automation - design, code and execute automated test scripts with QA tools and techniques
• Solid experience testing with desktop, web and API-based applications
• Design and execute SQL queries for data validation and test execution
• Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and software testing methodology, particularly in an Agile environment
• Automation Testing Experience using (UFT / QTP) Automation tool
• Project experience of Test automation using UFT
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in fast paced environment.
• 2+ years of hands-on software testing experience.
• Proven interpersonal, analytical, attention to detail, strategy, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Expert capacity for comprehending complex concepts and systems.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a global team.
• Previous hospitality or travel industry experience preferred, not required.
‘Nice to have’ skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at email@example.com .
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
- Sabre Jobs