Elements Behavioral Health Therapist Intern (Austin, TX) in Spicewood, Texas
The Primary Therapist provides individual, group and family therapy, crisis intervention services, psychoeducation presentations and experiential learning groups for clients and their families.
- Provides clinical services including individual, group and family therapy, crisis intervention services, primary process groups, psychoeducation presentations and experiential learning groups for clients and families.
- Provides oversight of residential facilities.
- Provides clinical consultation for clients and their families, and referents upon request.
- Provides psychosocial assessments, treatment plans and clinical discharge summaries.
- Works closely with clinical case manager and family therapist to provide comprehensive client care.
- Master's or Ph.D. in counseling, social work, psychology or other counseling-related field required.
- LPC, LCSW or LMFT and clinical qualifications or intern status licensure required.
- Three (3) years' experience in social work or related field.
- Experience working with addictions and/or mental health.
- Experience using a variety of interventions including DBT, CBT, Family Systems,
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of a variety of models and theories of addiction, mental illness and related issues.
- Knowledge of philosophies, practices, policies and outcomes of models of treatment, recovery, relapse prevention and continuing care for dually diagnosed populations.
- Understanding of diagnostic criteria for dual conditions and the ability to conceptualize modalities and placement criteria within the continuum of care.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of diverse cultures and gender-specific issues and ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into practice setting.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize workload and work independently.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Expressive or training in Therapies preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification is required for this position. If not CPR/First Aid certified at time of hire, certification must be obtained within the state mandated time frame after first day of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled