Intertek GC Chemist in Texas City, Texas
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification Services, is looking for a GC Chemist to join our Cargo & Analytical Assessment team in Texas City, TX.
This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world’s petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Plans, performs and completes single projects with staff support to meet deadlines
· Maintains all equipment in good operating conditions and troubleshoots instrument related issues.
· Interprets data and writes technical reports under supervision
· Assures projects are in compliance with current procedures and regulations
· Performs technical assessments
· Assists with investigations
· Has limited client contact usually under supervision
· Familiar with variety of concepts, practices, procedures and regulations
· Works under general supervision
· Primary job functions require a degree of independence and judgement
· Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
· Typically reports to a supervisor or department manager
· Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of analytical chemistry demonstrated through
· BA/BS Chemistry, Biology or related scientific degree
· 2-6 years of related industry experience in an analytical laboratory
· Knowledge of laboratory safety precautions and protocols for safe handling and the disposal of hazardous agents/reagents, chemicals and materials
· Organization, communication and analytical skills
· Ability to understand and effectively communicate technical and business information, both oral and written to others, including co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, clients, and vendors
· Intermediate mathematical skills, including: algebraic functions, statistics (mean, median, standard deviation, variance, probability), basic geometry (area, volume calculations), and scientific calculators
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Ability to work varied and extended hours/days, as business dictates
Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· Regularly lift/carry/move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift/carry/move up to 50 pounds
· Climb stairs
· Laboratory bench work may require standing for extended periods of time
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Auto req ID:
State or Province: