Lumen Sr Network Expense Analyst - Remote in Texas
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Senior Network Expense Resolution Analysts is responsible for engaging with our vendors of network services to report, substantiate and resolve billing disputes that supports Network Expense Operations team in achieving expense savings to the company. The right candidate will have a combination of strong data analysis, written/oral communications, and problem-solving skillsets along with expertise in carrier access billings and services.
The Main Responsibilities
• Ensure quality, accurate and timely reporting/accounting of disputes balances with assigned vendors
• Serve as a lead on the NetEx team in engaging with vendors to facilitate effective and timely resolution of open dispute balances; clearly communicate audit methods, analysis/reporting and conclusions to negotiate favorable returns on resolved and settled disputes
• Understand, utilize, and maximize our vendor invoice data, leveraging OB-IEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Editions), BillTrack Pro, AML, APC (Attained Planned Cost) Inventories, and AIM systems to optimize invoice dispute filings and resolution discussions with our vendors
• Work effectively on a team as well as self-driven contributor in maintaining positive relationships with our vendors
• Create new insights that will drive operational efficiencies, automation, and savings in the short and long term.
• Be recognized as having broad expertise or unique knowledge in NetEx/Carrier Billing domains, and act as a resource for colleagues with less experience
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 4 - 6 years related experience in Network Expense Operations, Accounting, FP&A or Access Management
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interact, communicate, and negotiate directly with our vendors to achieve results while maintaining positive relationships
• Proficient with BTOD (TEOCO Cost Management Platform) or other comparable telecom Expense Management/AP software application
• Strong skills with Excel and other tools for managing, analyzing, and creating reports of large, sometimes complex datasets
• Problem solving versatility: making the best decisions possible given the data quality and time available
• Programming experience with R, Python, C/C++, SQL, Java, or Pearl
• Experience using OB-IEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition), Equivalent Business Intelligence or Data Visualization (i.e. Tableau) Software
• Expertise and Working Knowledge with the ordering, planning, pricing, accounting, or billings of off-net/access network services
• Strong verbal, written and oral communication skills to articulate findings and influence desired results with stakeholders
• Knowledge of software automation and/or RPA (Robotics Process Automation) technologies
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 242863
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- Lumen Jobs