Woodforest National Bank Commercial Quality Assurance Specialist in The Woodlands, Texas
The Commercial Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for supporting the Commercial Quality Assurance Manager on the initiatives of the Commercial Banking division. This includes portfolio management, analyzing pricing strategies, evaluating data governance controls, and assisting with reviewing and adjusting related policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance of the Bank’s commercial banking products. The Commercial Quality Assurance Specialist will posses a strong understanding of and have experience with quality control, loan origination/underwriting, and risk management.
- Ensure the quality control of a diverse and complex commercial loan portfolio of complex bi-lateral relationships, participations/syndications, and SNC’s.
- Contribute to the implementation, development and growth of the Commercial Banking division and operating systems.
- Ensure all booking and post-closing reviews are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs audit functions, called Quality Assurance Reviews, for both risk controls and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the review and remediation of all identified issues, ensuring the appropriate root-cause analyses are completed and action plans are implemented timely.
- Ensure personnel have the requisite skills necessary to adequately perform their duties based on the results of Quality Assurance Reviews by assisting in the development of training curriculum for personnel and recommending additional training where needed.
- Contribute to the training and development program for the Commercial Banking staff, prepare content and coordinate delivery of training for new material, as well as continuing growth and development needs.
- Research and maintain awareness of lending regulatory and market changes that may impact the organization’s compliance and strategic initiatives.
- Analyze documentation and participates in internal and external audits and examinations.
- Participate and contribute to special projects as needed to continue system and process enhancements.
- Serve as contact for all Commercial Banking systems, procedures, processes, and strategic initiatives.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of Commercial Lending (i.e. participation/syndication, construction, and complex middle market transactions) with a strong understanding of accounting principles, loan and deposit processing procedures, and related regulations.
- Advanced technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Power Point) and banking software applications (ACBS, nCino, and Precision Lender preferred).
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with an ability to establish a strategic direction and subsequently develop supporting initiatives.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, diplomacy, tact and salesmanship.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong practical knowledge of Commercial Banking products and services, regulatory guidelines, and industry practices.
- Demonstrated ability to research and interpret changes in government regulations and market trends.
- 5 years’ professional/business experience in financial services, or banking industry required.
- 3 years of Commercial Lending experience preferred.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- 0% - Negligible amount of travel expected.
- Conditions involve lifting no more than ten pounds, sitting most of the time, but may involve walking, moving, or standing for brief periods, and occasionally lifting and carrying articles like files, ledgers, folders, etc.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Nothing herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
/Woodforest is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. /
Organization: *Texas - Houston
Title: Commercial Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Texas-The Woodlands
Requisition ID: 046193
Woodforest National Bank
- Woodforest National Bank Jobs