Ingersoll Rand Product Development Engineer in TYLER, Texas
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This Product Development Engineer works as a member of an innovative, high performing Engineering Team to develop industry leading residential HVAC products.Specific responsibilities could include the design and development of cabinets, airflow systems, refrigeration/heat transfer systems, electrical systems, electric heater development, and packaging design.Understanding of vapor-compression cycle fundamentals and analysis are key requirements. This role will have the responsibilities detailed below and work as part of the team to achieve the organization’s overall goals.
* Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added): *
- Complete development and or validation testing for New Product Development (NPD) projects in order to meet performance and reliability objectives.
- Participation as an active member of product development teams.
- Development of indoor air systems.
- Participate in cost savings and productivity improvements.
- Air conditioner and heat pump Indoor unit development, including coil circuiting.
- Material / component qualification and selection.
- Engineering analysis (such as simulation, finite element analysis, DFD).
- Prototype development and testing.
- Engineering data/unit attribute creation.
- Agency listings (UL, CSA, etc.).
- Communicate project status and or problems to management, laboratory technicians and the ELT / SLT through formal reviews.
- Create and maintain engineering Bills of Materials, 3D models using Pro E, drawings and specifications.
* Minimum Qualifications: *
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required.
- Master's Degree is a plus.
- HVAC product development experience is preferred.
* Key Competencies: *
- Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics (including understanding of refrigeration cycle).
- Problem assessment and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Work effectively in an open, consensus-oriented team environment.
- Conflict management skills.
- Results-oriented individual with an emphasis placed on achieving overall team performance.
- Familiarity with PC based Windows programs (Excel, Word, Access, etc.).
- Capability with Pro-E 3-D solid modeling.
- LabVIEW programming/development experience a plus.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: TYLER-Texas
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Apr 16, 2018, 11:54:41 AM