Airgas Usa LLC Delivery Driver (CDL A or B) - Victoria, TX. in Victoria, Texas
_Home Every Night – Consistent Hours – Stability_
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
*Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations. *
Airgas offers competitive base as well as a comprehensive benefit program including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, holidays, sick day, short and long term disability. Learn more at: *https://www.airgas.com/careers/employee-benefits*
As the “face of Airgas”, our Delivery Drivers are responsible for safety and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company provided straight, box truck, or trailer. The Delivery Driver, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers.
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer’s place of business.
- Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- *Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints. *
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customer’s assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issues experienced by the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with regulatory guidelines such as those pertaining to the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed & any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse equipment.
Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
- Valid USDOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate (card).
- Hazmat Endorsement (H or X Endorsement).
- Ability to operate a vehicle with an air brake system (no air brake restrictions on CDL).
- May consider individuals with the ability to acquire a Hazmat Endorsement or the skill to operate air brake systems as a condition of employment.
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class B professional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a clean driving record to include no more than one (1) moving violation per the DOT and 2 in a personal vehicle per the state DMV within the last three (3) years.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry preferred.
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard computers/telematics preferred. Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and employees as well as legibly write.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines. Must have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to perform math functions and analysis as needed by the position.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
Safety is Our Passion. Airgas helps its drivers and the public share the roads safely so people and our product all arrive safe and sound. Airgas follows the FMSCA requirement for all motor carrier employers to run full queries of the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse database for any violations during the pre-employment process for all new CDL Driver Hires to ensure they are not prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions. All new CDL Driver Hires must register for the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and allow Airgas consent to review their Clearinghouse record.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. To view the EEO is the Law poster, click here. Airgas, an Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement. This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon request by contacting Human Resources at 855-269-5732.
- *Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies, does not discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Delivery Driver (CDL A or B) - Victoria, TX.
Requisition ID: 32070