Post Acute Medical Speech Language Pathologist - PRN (Victoria Rehab) in Victoria, Texas
*Speech Language Pathologist / Speech Therapist *
Post Acute Medical is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 40 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation facilities currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
Post Acute Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In this role, you'll be responsible for performing evaluations of communication skills and swallowing functions and provide treatment plans that allow your patients to reach their maximum communication and swallowing potential. You will work cooperatively with members of an interdisciplinary team to identify and solve patient needs with quality care. You will not only play a major role in your patient's progression, but will also provide them, along with their families, the resources and education needed for a successful transition out of our care.
Within our facility, you may work with patients who have:
- Traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries
- Multi-system organ failure
- Chronic/Acute respiratory failure
- Non-healing wounds and infectious diseases
- Ventilators and require weaning
While the true depth of this position's responsibilities extend beyond a basic job description, we can assure you that working in an acute care environment will provide you with ample opportunity to grow your skill set provide your patients with high quality care.
In order to work at our facility as a Speech Language Pathologist, you will need:
- A Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology with adequate course work and credits to qualify for certification by the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- To hold a valid license to practice in the state where the facility is located
- Have and maintain a CPR certification
A few things that aren't required, but we would prefer:
- Clinical experience with aphasia, dysarthria, dysphagia and other neurological based communication disorders
- Experience in a multidisciplinary acute care setting
- Ability to perform Modified Barium Swallow Studies
Facility: PAM Rehabilitation Hospital of Victoria, a Post Acute Medical Hospital
# of Openings: 1