Dart Container Maintenance Supervisor in Waxahachie, Texas
Apply now »
Date: Jun 10, 2021
Location: Waxahachie, TX, US
Company: Dart Container
Supervises maintenance operations, with a focus on and meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service. While performing the supervisory duties listed below, the supervisor is required to spend 75% of time on the floor. Responsible for the overall upkeep of production equipment and machines by scheduling and execution of preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance.
• Supervise and promote practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards, and serve the needs of our customers.
• Take ownership and demonstrate leadership necessary to achieve goals specific to Safety, Quality, Service, Efficiency and Employee Development.
• Lead by example to promote and encourage employees to strongly commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
• Supervise teams responsible for maintenance of production equipment and machines
• Plan, develop, and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and influence greater utilization of labor and equipment
• Ensure that maintenance work execution is compliant with statutory regulations
• Develop and implement a comprehensive preventive maintenance program to improve machinery performance (i.e. uptime, reliability and efficiency)
• Oversee the execution of preventive, predictive, and autonomous maintenance plans, and hold team accountable for adhering to the proper work standards related to precision maintenance as per job plans
• Coordinate with maintenance planners and the production department to build weekly proactive maintenance schedule with detailed job plans
• Analyze production schedules and work orders to determine work priorities for repairs, maintenance and installation
• Administer and improve systems and procedures for maintenance work orders
• Develop and implement a system for the collection and maintenance of data and statistics of maintenance history and maintenance needs on production equipment
• Solicit assistance from other departments and management as necessary to achieve goals and targets
• Utilize computer applications to maintain data and run reports
• Track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of targets.
• Audit the floor as required by Leader Standard Work, monitor metrics, verify adherence to procedures/ standard work and correct deficiencies as necessary.
• Participate in root-cause analysis for repetitive damage and failure rates, work with other groups in proactively resolving equipment issues
• Understand, support and follow management expectations in alignment with company values.
• Supervise, cross-train and direct the work of others
• Responsible for employee onboarding, coaching/counseling, development, discipline, performance appraisals, administration of policies and assignment of breaks, lunches, and other relief periods
• Make recommendations regarding staffing decisions
• Conduct or participate in the interview process with new candidates
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
• Two (2) years supervisory experience required with demonstrated strong leadership and management skills
• High School Diploma or GED
• Three (3) years of experience in maintenance and reliability
• Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable
• Experience in mechanical and electrical machine maintenance, which may include automation, robotics and controls
• Familiar with the use of hand tools
• Experienced in reading and interpreting schematics, blueprints, and electrical drawings
• Ability to utilize and train employees on technology, processes and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to communicate intricate job-related processes
• Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create reports, documents, presentations and spreadsheets in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
• Previous plant production software experience required, SAP experience preferred
• Ability to perform root cause analysis, compare and investigate information, and recommend and implement resolution
• Proven analytical problem solver
• Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• Associate or Bachelor degree
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (833) 472-3278 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.