HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Intern Resident in Webster, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Pharmacist _(Pharmacy Intern Resident_) to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake - Webster, TX_
_Pharmacist Intern Resident - Pharmacy _
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a full-service hospital offering a 531 bed inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area's only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.__
What you will do in this role:
* Comply with all regulatory standards and requirements
* Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
* Have knowledge of the patient population served and apply that knowledge in the care of those patients
* Comply with facility pharmacy schedule to work physically at patient care areas to interact with medical staff, nurses and other members of the healthcare team
* Assess the status of the patient and determine whether the prescribed medications are optimally meeting the patient’s needs and goals of care
* Evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of patient’s active medication therapy Recognize untreated medical issues that could be improved or resolved with appropriate medication therapy
* Monitor patient progress for regimen effectiveness and safety
* Counsel/advise patients and family members regarding medication therapy regimens
* Communicate effectively with physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers to provide clinical pharmacy services and direct patient care activities
* Provide general clinical services such as pharmacokinetic-based dosing, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, nutrition support, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by pharmacy leadership
* Provide clinical pharmacokinetic services as appropriate
* Provide pharmacy anticoagulation services as appropriate
* Assist with the Antimicrobial Management Program initiatives as appropriate
* Assist with clinical initiatives as appropriate
* Provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients
* Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
* Suggest appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic medication regimens or alternatives to medical staff
* Document all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely
* Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection * Effectively and proactively intervene in conflicts between pharmacy and medical staff regarding drug therapy issue resolutions * Support and participate in the goals of the organization’s quality improvement, risk management and patient safety program to include but not limited to National Patient Safety Goals, Core Measures and HCAHPS medication-related initiatives * Participate in continuous quality improvement of pharmacy operations (operations/clinical) including but not limited to medication use evaluations * Provide input for improving pharmacy computer system programs relating to pharmacy, nursing and physician programs * Complete notification reports regarding medication errors and adverse drug reactions · Identify areas for improved efficiency * Obtain and maintain BLS-ACLS or -PALS current certification as appropriate * Train and participate with Code Team as assigned/appropriate · Train and participate with Disaster Team drills and real-event response as assigned/appropriate
* Participate in facility and division meetings as deemed appropriate by pharmacy leadership * Interpret orders and transcribes or verifies them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system * Accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals * Maintain appropriate controlled substance records * Provide basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems * Prioritize work and lead others to comply with facility medication turn-around time policy and procedures * Effectively supervise pharmacy operation activities and provides support to the whole pharmacy team * Supervise and assist pharmacy technicians and other support staff effectively * Register with Texas State Board of Pharmacy as a preceptor as appropriate * Participate in training of pharmacy students and technicians as assigned * Act as supervisor in charge as assigned * Perform other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need: * Graduation from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited degree program (or one in process of pursuing accreditation) or have a Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Committee (FPGEC) certificate from the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP). At a minimum, the program must be a five-year pharmacy degree program.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Intern Resident
Location: Texas-Webster-HCA Houston Clear Lake
Requisition ID: 01533-122760