Elements Behavioral Health Behavioral Health Technician (PRN) in Wimberley, Texas
The Behavioral Health Technician (BH-T) provides oversight and support services to clients and staff in a residential treatment facility for adults with co-occurring diagnoses. BH-T are responsible for around-the-clock supervision of the client milieu and helping to create and maintain a therapeutic milieu for treatment initiatives. The BH-T position is an entry-level position.
- Provides services necessary to maintain a functioning milieu, which includes but is not limited to:
- Transportation/pick up of clients
- Safety cleans and adherence to OSHA safety protocols
- Stocking and keeping inventory of client items (i.e., literature, hygiene items, etc.)
- Providing access to hygiene items/necessities to clients (i.e., phones, computer time, etc.)
- Administrative functions necessary to client success (i.e., faxing, ordering, maintenance of client medical records or physical charts, etc.)
- Organizes client belongings and administers access
- Maintain active awareness of clients' locations and attendance of programming.
- Observe, monitor, intervene upon, and document client behaviors and presentations.
- Completes medication observations, collection and documentation of vitals, and assist medical/nursing team.
- Maintain high quality documentation using appropriate forms in appropriate clinical language.
- Minimum of one year experience in the addiction or mental health fields, preferred.
- High school diploma (or equivalent), required.
- Valid Driver's License, required.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; responds well to questions.
- Knowledge of organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, be attentive to detail, and maintain positive work attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand and utilize program knowledge, such as the disease model, motivational interviewing, trauma-informed approaches, experiential approaches, CBT, self-help approaches, and evidence based practices in client care.
- Understanding of how to utilize medical knowledge, complete medication observations, observe and assess detox clients, and complete and document vitals.
- Ability to document thoroughly in an electronic medical record.
- Ability to professionally interact and communicate with clients, client family members, referral sources, and vendors.
- Knowledge of MS Office and office equipment such as copiers and scanners.
- Must meet pre-employment and maintain all applicable state and job related guidelines for background screening, fingerprinting, drug test, health screening, DMV, insurance, CPR/Basic First Air, and license/credential verifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled