Elements Behavioral Health Director of Quality Assurance in Wimberley, Texas
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and coordinates, with assistance, key components of the Compliance Program that are designed to meet the requirements or recommendations of Federal and State regulatory agencies.
- Supports the field compliance team in managing the day-to-day operations of the enterprise-wide Compliance Program, including assisting with the documentation needed to accompany state licensure applications and the voluntary accreditation process.
- Creates reports for Compliance meetings.
- Develops and maintains critical organizational systems designed to meet deadlines issued by regulatory bodies, organizes key policies and procedures and responds to escalated medical record requests.
- Interfaces with client satisfaction survey vendor and Marketing department to develop reports to be used in Performance Improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- Sort, alphabetize and scan client documents accurately in client electronic medical records.
- Review medical records for completeness, assemble records into standard order, and file records in designated areas according to applicable alphabetic and numeric filing systems.
- Review files and documents in clients' electronic medical charts for accuracy.
- Respond to requests for information from files according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintain alphabetic filing system by organizing client records on shelves to ensure records are readily accessible by all departments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure according to the general standards set forth by HIPAA.
- Knowledge of basic data processing procedures.
- Knowledge of medical record keeping principles and practices and electronic medical records preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, standard nomenclature and classification of diagnoses and operations preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and formulas.
- Ability to create and maintain policy and procedure documentation.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS, BSN, or MA preferred.
- Must meet pre-employment and maintain all applicable state and job-related guidelines for background screening, fingerprinting, drug testing, health screening, DMV, Insurance, CPR/Basic First Aid and license/credential verifications.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a compliance or quality assurance role.
- Minimum 6 months medical records experience preferred.
- Experience handling sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Experience maintaining policy and procedure documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled